Kansas communities consistently deal with a host of issues that demand leadership in an arena of increasing complexity and contention.
Understanding community dynamics that affect the community and its future; as well as developing skills for working effectively with others are critical for effective community leadership. Community leadership permits citizens to connect with local needs and each other. Programs geared towards effective leadership skills can provide a community-level investment in human, social, cultural, and political capital that in turn, will support the expansion of built, financial, and natural capital.
One of our goals at K-State Research and Extension is to provide technical assistance and evidence-based programs to citizens who want to make sure their communities survive and prosper.
- Kansas Small Business Development Center
- Housing and Credit Counseling Inc
- Small Business Resource
- State of Kansas website
- Kansas Legislature
- Center for Engagement and Community Development
- KARL - Kansas Agriculture and Rural Leadership
- Huck Boyd National Institute for Rural Development
- Kansas Pride Program
- Census Data
- Kansas Extension Disaster Network
- Kansas University Small Business Development Center