Montgomery County Fair July 22-26, 2021
July 1 - Livestock entry deadline
- All livestock must be enter WITH EAR TAG numbers by July 1
- check fair book for limit on # of entries per species/class
- Youth may move PREREGISTERED (July 1) animals among youth of the same household at the scales
- July 1 is a firm deadline no acceptions
July 11th deadline to enter inside exhibits
- Pre-entering exhibits allows us to speed up check-in, ribbon money calculations, and the food sale
- Youth may still exhibit an INSIDE exhibit they did not pre-enter but should come early to fill a card out by hand
Poultry - Testing is BACK!
For a few years there has been an antigen shortage but for 2021 poultry testing will be required for anyone planning to show at fairs! Testing is FREE. Youth can attend any of these free test dates across the district:
• June 24th at 4-H swine
building, Riverside Park,
• July 7th at Fredonia fair
grounds 4-6 p.m.
• July 13th Girard fair
grounds 5-7 p.m.
County Horse Show
June 17th @ Pippin Arena - Independence
County Horse Show Entry Form
2021 SE District 4-H Horse Show Entry Form
June 29, 2021 at Parsons State Hospital Arena, Start time is 9:00. Click HERE to register. Cost is $5 per class.
Any youth 9 and older may attend state this year. New Date to complete Level I testing to ride at state is July 15th
Level I written test $5
Level I riding test $5
Call 4-H agent Katie Townsend for study materials and to set up a time to take the tests
Identification Paperwork (pdf form fillable)
Foods and Preservation
Recorded Food Judges Training - Great for kids wanting to learn what the judges looks for!
Clothing Judging/Style Review