Montgomery County Fair July 27- July 31, 2023
New for 2023! All market animal (sheep, meat goats, swine, and beef) exhibitors must submit a livestock nomination form and pictures of their animal(s) by May 15th. Forms and pictures can be turned in by emailing them to mgco4Hfair@gmail.com or dropping them off at the extension office.
July 1 - Livestock entry deadline
- All livestock must be enter WITH EAR TAG numbers by July 1
- check fair book for limit on # of entries per species/class
- Youth may move PREREGISTERED (July 1) animals among youth of the same household at the scales
- July 1 is a firm deadline no acceptions
July 14th deadline to enter inside exhibits
- Pre-entering exhibits allows us to speed up check-in, ribbon money calculations, and the food sale
- Youth may still exhibit an INSIDE exhibit they did not pre-enter but should come early to fill a card out by hand
Poultry - Free & Required
Poultry testing is required every three years for everything except for water fowl or chicks straight from a certified hatchery (must show hatchery paperwork). 2023 and 2027 will be our testing years.
Can attend any of the dates across the district contact the office for info:
Montgomery: July 6th Independence fairgrounds @Riverside 4-6 p.m.
Labette: July 13th Oswego fairgrounds 4-6 p.m.
Wilson: July 5 @ Fredonia fairgrounds 4-6- p.m.
Crawford: July 12 @ Girard fairgrounds 4-6 p.m.
County Horse Show
Pippin Arena - Independence
County Horse Show Entry Form
2023 Identification Paperwork (pdf form fillable)
Foods and Preservation
Recorded Food Judges Training - Great for kids wanting to learn what the judges looks for!
Clothing Judging/Style Review